Jessica
So we were in the car and we had this conversation:

P: Hey, Mom, I learned something new from Kung Fu Panda.
M: Really, what did you learn?
P: I learned that when we're upset, we're supposed to eat a lot.


WARNING! WARNING! TEACHING MOMENT APPROACHING.
CHOOSE YOUR NEXT WORDS CAREFULLY.

M: Um, well, a lot of people do eat when they're upset, but it isn't really healthy for our bodies. It's best for us to pray to God when we're upset. We could also talk with someone or go for a walk. But you should only eat when you're hungry.


(BTW, I am an emotional eater, so this one was difficult for me, too!)

These are my favorite moments with my boys. They come when I least expect it -- so I have to always be prepared. When they suggest a topic, and I'm able to put together a rational and correct answer for them, then I feel like a successful parent.
2 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    Oh wow! I am an emotional eater too. Sometimes we forget that instead of turning to an inanimate object such as food we need to turn to God. Good lesson!


  2. Shana Says:

    Hey stranger! Shana Dantzler here. How crazy to find you! Just looking on blogs and here you are!

    How are you guys? We are good...currently serving @ a church in GA. We have 3 girls,
    7 1/2, 6 next month and the youngest just turned 4. We are in the process of adopting a little girl from Ethiopia.

    Your boys are too cute! Would love to catch up!